RTMT 8.1.0.0 install / uninstall / Reinstall = error ?

Unanswered Question
Jun 30th, 2009

Hello,

we do the follow tasks :

- installation of RTMT 8.1.0.0 taken from CCM 7.1.2a.

- uninstallation of RTMT 8.1.0.0 .

- reinstallation of RTMT 8.1.0.0 : we have got an error:

**********************************************************************************

Error

You have a RTMT of version 8.1.0.0 already installed.

you are not allowed to install more than one copy of RTMT of same version on same machine.

RTMT exists at location : NULL

Please uninstall the previous installation and try again.

Press EXIT to quit installation.

**********************************************************************************

Thank you for your help.

./DEWA

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
j.sillers Sun, 07/12/2009 - 10:29

I am getting the exact same message. I un-installed version of RTMT from UCM 7, then tried installing UC 7 to get the UC tabs. But now neither will install because:

You have a RTMT of version 8.1.0.0 already installed.

you are not allowed to install more than one copy of RTMT of same version on same machine.

RTMT exists at location : NULL

Please uninstall the previous installation and try again.

Press EXIT to quit installation.

Why is it located in NULL?? I have seen this message before when the system has RTMT installed under another user but then there is a path designated so I simply use that version.

I tried killing every registry entry I could find for RTMT or Servicability or Real Time Monitoring, but it still gives me this message. There is nothgin in control panel to uninstall.

Beth Verish Mon, 10/12/2009 - 09:12

I am in the same situation, uninstalled and getting error message when trying to reinstall. Any resolution? Thanks

Beth Verish Wed, 10/28/2009 - 13:57

I got this fixed, thanks Dwight Bullard at TAC.

Go to C:/Program Files/ Zero G Registry open the file ".com.zerog.registry.xml" in a text editor.

Then delete the entries corresponding rtmt 8.1 (make sure you delete the block of xml tag, and not just the lines)

E.g. remove the below entries

And a corresponding entry in the tag

Actions

This Discussion