cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA with dual internet

wdgolden1
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5510 that currently resides at the perimeter of the network with internet connectivity provided by routable IP handoff to ethernet. I have multiple internal VLANs and have a separate cable internet connection for non-critical traffic. Would it be possible to have two internet connections directly on the ASA with some VLANs pointed out one internet connections with other VLANs pointed out cable internet?

I have VPNs on the ASA so I don't believe I can use multiple contexts. Any way to have two active internet connections on an ASA at the same time?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

goulin
Level 1
Level 1

You're basically after policy-based routing, which I don't think is supported on the ASA platforms.

You could add specific routes via your cable Internet connection for non-critical websites. Not really scalable though.

I have had 2 Internet connections on an ASA in the past, but never had the requirement to only allow traffic down one and not the other (I load balanced the traffic).

guilherme
Level 1
Level 1

You would be doing Policy-based routing and it's not supported on ASA. You will need a router to do that.

Regards,

Guilherme

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco