cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA with dual internet

wdgolden1
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5510 that currently resides at the perimeter of the network with internet connectivity provided by routable IP handoff to ethernet. I have multiple internal VLANs and have a separate cable internet connection for non-critical traffic. Would it be possible to have two internet connections directly on the ASA with some VLANs pointed out one internet connections with other VLANs pointed out cable internet?

I have VPNs on the ASA so I don't believe I can use multiple contexts. Any way to have two active internet connections on an ASA at the same time?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

goulin
Level 1
Level 1

You're basically after policy-based routing, which I don't think is supported on the ASA platforms.

You could add specific routes via your cable Internet connection for non-critical websites. Not really scalable though.

I have had 2 Internet connections on an ASA in the past, but never had the requirement to only allow traffic down one and not the other (I load balanced the traffic).

guilherme
Level 1
Level 1

You would be doing Policy-based routing and it's not supported on ASA. You will need a router to do that.

Regards,

Guilherme

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card