cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

if 15454 support 80 channels with 10-WXC-C board?

caoxianglei
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

Network node maybe has 4-degree, so i used the WXC board, but i confuse of whether it support 80 channel by using interleaver?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need a deinterleaver also to separate those 100GHZ and then feed to your WXC board (It is like a Demux for those 2 40 channel signal into odd & even).

Check the following link for part code of interleaver/deinterleaver

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/optical/ps5724/ps2006/ps5320/product_data_sheet09186a00801849e7.html

To extend it to 80 channel you will need lot of other cards you can take help from cisco or Cisco Transposrt Planner to build a BoM(Bill of Material)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

Yes you need interleaver if you want to plan for 80 channels, as Max channel support by one card is 40 so you need to mux again 2 40 channel card.

Thx u very much.

But you know the 40-WXC board can only support 100GHz, that means only 40 channel (not support odd and even), so maybe WXC not support 80 channels at all, right?

You need a deinterleaver also to separate those 100GHZ and then feed to your WXC board (It is like a Demux for those 2 40 channel signal into odd & even).

Check the following link for part code of interleaver/deinterleaver

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/optical/ps5724/ps2006/ps5320/product_data_sheet09186a00801849e7.html

To extend it to 80 channel you will need lot of other cards you can take help from cisco or Cisco Transposrt Planner to build a BoM(Bill of Material)

hi,viyuan700

But you know, Demux for 80 channels is devide into odd and even two types, and then use the interleaver can support 80 channels, but WXC only has even type according to the manuals. So can you give more detail, or WXC can not support 80 channels?

As i said in other post DWDM system are not flexible they come with a rider and in my opinion here rider is that if you want to increase to 80 channel, then you cannot use WXC (as it is for odd channels ONLY not even ) but you can use WSS for Even channels.

In your inital post you mentioned Degree 4 Mesh Patch panel, so you have to plan in advance. You can use these odd wavelngth on which WXC work , where you have Multiring or Mesh kind of network and for others you can use WSS for even channel. After Deinterleaver Odd can be given to WXC and Even to WSS.

Thank you very much, i am clear now.

Thx u very much.

But you know the 40-WXC board can only support 100GHz, that means only 40 channel (not support odd and even), so maybe WXC not support 80 channels at all, right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: