cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 install (windows) - checking locked files

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm at a point in the LMS 3.2 install where it looks like its hung on the "Checking locked files...." step. How long should I expect this process to take? It's been going for an hour and I haven't seen anything going on.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hard to say without seeing exactly what's going on in the installer. However, if you haven't already done the other things I suggested, I recommend you do them. the result will be a much better upgrade.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you might try is setting the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service to Manual, then reboot. then try the 3.2 upgrade. Before starting it, disable all antivirus scanning, and set your TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values like C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.

It looks like all the relevant processes are stopped already. Is this a bug? The last thing I have in the log is this:

MAIN: ProcessBeforeDataMove START at 15:14:34 ,Tue 06/30/2009 ,Eastern Standard Time

Hard to say without seeing exactly what's going on in the installer. However, if you haven't already done the other things I suggested, I recommend you do them. the result will be a much better upgrade.

Hey,

You deserve five stars for this post.

Cheers Joseph,

I agree with the praise for the answer, I had the same issue and found out this workaround myself before seeing this topic.

But it's still a nasty workaround: I don't really want to set the daemon temporarily to Manual for each update. Does Cisco acknowledge this as a bug and resolve it in a next release?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: