Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: QoS and Remarking out of contract traffic to CS0

InternetB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My question is say that I am using CBWFQ and matching critical data traffic with af41 in a class-map and in the equivalent policy-map giving it a bandwidth of 2Mbps.

How do I remark the out-of-contract critical data to CS0 so that it will fall into the default-class.

Thank you,

InternetB.

2 Replies 2

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

You need to write a Qos Policed map, to identify which DSCP values should ne watched for, then define the value it should be written to. Once you have this, you need to have the police action in your policy map exceed-action to policed-dscp-transmit.

HTH>

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To expand upon what Andrew posted, you'll need to match and classify upon ingress to accomplish what you describe. This assumes you only have one ingress interface that feeds the egress interface. If you have more than one ingess, what you describe can't be performed, although you could remark or drop out-of-contract packets within the egress policy.

e.g. one ingress to one egress

(NB: syntax likely incorrect)

class-map match-all critical-traffic-in

match ...

clas-mpa match-all critical-traffic-out

match dscp af41

policy-map ingress

class critical-traffic-in

police 2000000 conform-action set dscp-af41 exceed-action set dscp-be

policy-map egress

class critical-traffic-out

bandwidth 2000000

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card