cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to perform blind tranfer to pstn

sbrobak
Level 1
Level 1

using cucm 4.2, ip phones A call ip phones B. B tries to transfer A to pstn. Pstn phone is ringing/alerting. Blind transfer don't work. Consult is ok. Using h323 gateway. Pls advice.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using ISDN? If so collect debug "isdn q931" with "term mon" for a failed transfer. Do not enable any other debug.

Here is the debug.

Jul 1 12:34:35.482: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x47F3

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839C

Exclusive, Channel 28

Calling Party Number i = 0x2081, '69363070'

Plan:Unknown, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0xA0, '1532195069363060'

Plan:Unknown, Type:National

Jul 1 12:34:35.542: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0xC7F3

Channel ID i = 0xA9839C

Exclusive, Channel 28

Jul 1 12:34:35.842: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8 callref = 0xC7F3

Progress Ind i = 0x8A81 - Call not end-to-end ISDN, may have in-band info

That all, no more progress or alert from isdn.

Very strange, is the called number correct ?

Yes indeed. Its a number for a particular service.

The problem I see is only related to this service. If I do a blind transfer to something else (ex. mobile, regular pstn phone), its ok. So I expect that I'm missing something from the destination switch. But I'm not sure. They say it works if they are using a Nortel og Ericsson pbx instead of CUCM/h323GW. I not that into isdn to say who is doing something wrong.

Try making a regular call to that number, and compare the isdn trace line by line.

I though I had that trace in my logs, but no. But I'm quite sure that the next message form isdn is a connect when the pstn phone/services is answered. The strange is that my ip phone is getting ringback when calling the number.

When comparing calls to a mobile phone, I normally get ALERT from pstn instead or in addition to the PROGRESS. So for sure there is a difference.

Anyway, I'll try to compare as you suggested.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: