cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Had to abort CUCM upgrade 6.1.3 Question??

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am running CUCM 6.1.1, and am trying to upgrade to 6.1.3. I have a pub and two subs.

I did a switch version on the pub, but when I went to login to CLI or Web, I noticed that my password had reverted to my previous password. This made me suspicous, so I looked at the data in the pub, and I was missing quite a bit of phones, device pools, etc that I created fairly recently.

I panicked, and did a switch version on the pub back to 6.1.1 and all is fine.

Has anyone seen this before? Would I have been OK to proceed with the switch version on the subs, then my data would be current?

The only thing I can think of is that I installed the 6.1.3 software on the pub a month ago or so, but did not install it on the subs until the other day. I dont see how that could explain my loss of data, but wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

Try to do backup and then repeat your steps

I did a backup at midnight (about 6hrs before I did the upgrade.)

try check dpreplication in CUCM OS. Is it OK.

Also try to search bufix like you descriped on cisco.com

The issue is that you installed the new SW some time ago on the Pub you have done subsequent changes on the old active version. When you install any version on the inactive partition, CCM does a snap shot of the dB then. When you then did a install on the Sub recently and you did a swap partition, you swap the Pub first and then the SUBS, when the SUB communicates with the Pub and confirms both it and Pub are on the same version the dB is copied and so the older dB is now on the Subs. This can also be an issue if someone had a call forward on their phone, you did an install of teh new SW during the day, they take if off and at night you do a swap - call forward back on again

That makes a bit of sense, but I had more issues than call fwd settings.

I lost device pools, phones etc.

Are you saying that if I were to have switched the subs to the new version with the db problems I would have lost all this data for good (unless I did a BARS restore)?

You need to identify what changes you carried out after the initial SW upgrade and do these changes match what is missing? With regards to the BARS, you can only do a BAR recovery on the same SW level so BARS backup on 6.1.2, upgrade to 6.1.3 - I think 99% that you can not use the 6.1.2 BARS to recovery on the 6.1.3 SW. Also if you revert back to a lesser SW , technically the CUCM Screen shoot when you click on the swap partitons option states that you need to do a Utils Dbreplication Reset

You could install a slightly newer SW on the inactive partition again and recheck, You could roll back using the BARS prior to the SW install but that data will be weeks old.

Losing data on the Sub`s- yes you are correct