cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Mobility Calling Name not displayed

mmimmi2005
Level 1
Level 1

Mobility feature is workind fine, but when a call from a mobile phone, which is defined as a remote destination, gets in, only the internal number is displayed, but not the calling name. We are using CUCM 7.1.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Cheers

8 Replies 8

mmimmi2005
Level 1
Level 1

btw, display name in the line appearance in the RDP Profile is set! Anyone an idea? Could it be a bug?

thx!

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem...

Thanks.

Dave

Hi,

Are you using mobile voice access in which the call is coming in from a remote destination phone configured for a desk phone? Is your setup something like this?

. IP phone A with remote destination mobile number B 
. IP phone C in the same enterprise as phone A.

When A calls C, you see the calling name and number of phone A on phone C's display but  when mobile phone user B calls phone C, you just see the DN of  A even if on the line of the remote destination profile "Display (Internal Caller ID)" is filled in.

If that is the scenario can you check whether you see only the DN or the name as well when phone C answers phone B's call. Please post your result here. There seems to a bug you may be hitting. Post the exact version of the CUCM you are running.

Hope that helps

Regards
Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Hi Nitesh,

The gateway is H323.  It is configured as an H323 gateway on the CUCM.

You've interpreted my problem correctly. The version of UCM I'm currently running is 8.0.3.10000-8.  We saw the same problem when we were on 7.1.2.21900-5.  The system was just fully rebooted last night for another reason.  (It's a single server cluster.)

(Here are the phones again)

. IP phone A with remote destination mobile number B

. IP phone C in the same enterprise as phone A.

It's funny you mentioned MVA.  I made a test call through MVA using Mobile Phone B.  Again, the remote destination matches, because I'm prompted for the PIN immediately.  And when I call Phone C's extension through MVA, I see the calling display with BOTH the extension AND the name on Phone C.  It's very weird that the behavior is correct for MVA, but not for the direct call to Phone C...

Thanks.

-Dave

Which signalling protocol(MGCP,H,323etc) is being used between the gateway and the CUCM? Are ythe incoming calls from the remote destination using QSIG?

Regards
Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1061294

As you have mentioned, it is per design that the Mobility code converts the calling number of the RD, to the RDP's number, even for a direct incoming call from the RD. However, I don't see any mention of the calling party name for this scenario.

I'll test this in the lab tomorrow and let you know what I find.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Hi Sriram,

I'll save you some trouble to lab this out.  I'm 100% certain that the calling name of the RDP line is suppose to appear when an on-net phone is called by a matched remote destination phone.  I just deployed a system last week, and it does work as expected, and it's worked on all the systems I've deployed.  This function used to work on ours, but it when I reconfigured the reroute css to a more specific one, rather than the css used for regular PSTN dial.  I don't see how this could affect it, but even changing it back does not fix it...

In fact, I have a TAC case open where the engineer is puzzled at this behavior.  He's off reading traces.   I saw this thread and thought the OP may respond with a solution, or someone in the community may have seen it before.

Thanks for your feedback though. 

-Dave

Any luck on this?  I see the name come in my H323 gateway, but when I dial another internal 7965 I don't get any name display on the 7965, just shows my extension.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: