Replies

WLC do not connect with AP

hamsofiane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I would like ask this question if you can help me:

I have an AP that here version is :c1130-rcvk9w8-mx.12.4-10b.JA3

When the AP with the IOS boot with the above information, it connects well to the controller.

It then retrieves a new IOS is c1130-k9w8-mx.124-13d.JA then reload.

After the reload, it is unable to contact the controller and it is just reboot so on.

Have you ever encountered this problem?

Thank you for the help you can give me.

best regards

sofiane Hammiche

4 Replies 4

hamsofiane
Level 1
Level 1

The version about the is WLC 5.0.148.2 . I made a debug lwapp event WLC on the primary but I do not get any info on the terminal after it has received the new IOS.

best regards

sofiane Hammiche

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HI Sofiane,

If you console into the AP, can the AP ping the Management IP Address of the WLC? If you can, you need to do the following:

1. The AP should have an IOS with the prefix of "RCV", if it has, you need to delete the other IOS with the command delete /f /r flash:c1130-k9w8-mx.124-13d.JA. Once you've successfully done this and other non-RCV IOS, reboot the AP until it loads using the "RCV" image.

2. When you've loaded from the RCV image and you can ping the Management IP Address of the WLC, in enable mode, enter the command lwap ap controller ip address .

Hope this helps.

hi,

thank you for your response :

At startup the AP has only the following ios:c1130-rcvk9w8-mx 12.4(10b)JA3.

I have added the following command:

lwapp ap hostname CLIOCTAPDPLET4

lwapp ap ip address 10.17.255.80 255.255.255.0

lwapp ap ip default-gateway 10.17.255.1

lwapp ap controller ip address 10.17.255.6

It can ping the controller and gets a new ios which is: c1130-k9w8-mx.124-13d.JA

I can see the base appear on the controller.

Then, the AP reboot it can not reach the controller and reboot loop with the following logs:

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to JOIN

%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to administratively down

%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to administratively down

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to down

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to down

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to CFG

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Config Request Timer: did not recieve config response (controller - CLIOCTWLC01)

%SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: DID NOT GET CONFIG RESPONSE.

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWN

%SYS-6-LOGGINGHOST_STARTSTOP: Logging to host 255.255.255.255 started - CLI initiated

best regards

sofiane Hammiche

Hi Sofiane,

Make sure that the CAPWAP UDP ports 5246 and 5247 (similar to the LWAPP UDP ports 12222 and 12223) are enabled and are not blocked by an intermediate device (like a firewall) that could prevent an access point from joining the controller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card