cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Howto setup an outgoing dial-peer to use SIP account at a remote site?

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have one customer who has a SIP provider in Norway. In sweden they are not able to get a SIP provider yet, so they want to use the CME in norway for outgoing calls at the swedish location. What is the best way to set this up??? They use site-to-site VPN between the CME's using ASA box's.

How can I configure the dial-peer (0T) to use the CME in Norway for outgoing calls??

Thanks,

Eivind

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Same thing. On the Sweden side, create a VoIP peer that has a destination pattern equal to what you have on the Norway side. Session target should be the WAN IP of the Norway UC500. This UC500 will then relay the call to the ITSP. Additional translation rules might be needed, in order for your SIP trunk provider to accept the call as if it were coming from the local device.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Eivind,

For pure voice connectivity, you don't need a VPN. Check out the multisite lab in the First Look Lab documentation:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1525

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

I´ve done this setup before, but as I´ve understood this, this is only for calling between sites. I want the swedish (odd pod) to dial the PSTN using the SIP account from ITSP on the norwegian uc (even pod). The VPN is for sharing the data vlan as well, so therefore the customer wants to use the VPN for voice also.

Regards

Eivind

Same thing. On the Sweden side, create a VoIP peer that has a destination pattern equal to what you have on the Norway side. Session target should be the WAN IP of the Norway UC500. This UC500 will then relay the call to the ITSP. Additional translation rules might be needed, in order for your SIP trunk provider to accept the call as if it were coming from the local device.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi

Thanks alot Marcos, I´ll get back to you if I run into any problems, but it sounds logical the way you describe ;)

Thanks

Eivind

Marcos,

It worked. But I guess you already knew that ;)

Thanks

Eivind

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: