cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCP ports for Topology Services (LMS 3.2)

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

For Topology Services to work from Client to Server, do the following TCP ports need to be open?

TCP 42342

TCP 43242

TCP 1124

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the top two TCP ports must be allowed from client to server. tcp/1124 is not required.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

According to the LMS 3.2 Installing and Getting Started Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/install/guide1/lmsigsg.html), UDP port 42342 is required client to server for ANI server. TCP 43242 is required but only server internal. I don't see any listing for TCP 1124.

Hope this helps.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the top two TCP ports must be allowed from client to server. tcp/1124 is not required.

Thanks. Can this be added into the CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution Port Usage? I didn't see these ports listed as Client to Server connections.

I raised this issue with the developers months ago with LMS 3.1. I'll bug them again to update the list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: