Not Ready Reasons

Unanswered Question
Jul 1st, 2009

We have CTIOS Agent client (actually it is an Cisco CTI that was developped using the SDK to be integrated with our CRM application), and we need to enable the not ready reasons feature. Can someone advise from where the settings need to be done? Is it from the Cisco Agent Desktop Administrator or from the AW configuration? What about the registry settings?

From the other side, any thing needed from our developper to do in the CTI client to have this feature enabled?

Regards

Bilal

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.3 (3 ratings)
bilalghayad Wed, 07/01/2009 - 11:17

I have CTIOS desktop

And u can say CTIOS Toolkit (actually we take the SDK and build our customized CTIOS to be integrated with our CRM).

Basically consider it CTIOS desktop.

bilalghayad Wed, 07/01/2009 - 23:56

And what is the reason code value to be set in the AW configuration?

bilalghayad Thu, 07/02/2009 - 03:17

We are still stuck in the same question:

For NotReadyReasons, I have to add a reason code for it, I do not know what is the reason code value that should be?

Is it 110? Or 50002 or what?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

bilalghayad Thu, 07/02/2009 - 03:43

Are the steps as following, I need someone to confirm me and correct me:

1) At the AW, at the Agent Desktop Settings, Idle reason required to be selected, correct?

2) At the AW, at the Reason Code List, I have to put the four reason codes and its descriptions, correct?

3) What are the reason code value for Not Ready reasons? I can put any value or there are specific values?

4) At the PG, at the Registry Keys, under the Server/Agent/ReasonCodes/NotReady:

- The REG_SZ to be enabled (value 1), correct?

- There are four strings for not ready, I should put its values same as I placed in the AW config in the Reason Codes? Please advise.

* Note: This to be done on both PG's, correct?

Then to restart the CTIOS servers, correct?

I need someone to confirm me to be sure that I am doing correct, then I will restart the CTIOS servers.

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

bilalghayad Mon, 07/06/2009 - 05:32

It look like there is a settings that need to be done on the CTIOS desktop (or toolkit in case it is used), any one can help where to be done?

Regards

Bilal

david.macias Mon, 07/06/2009 - 06:04

Your steps look right, is there a specific question that you have?

david

bilalghayad Mon, 07/06/2009 - 06:15

Any settings need to be done at the CTIOS Agent desktop it self? Or no need?

Regards

Bilal

bilalghayad Tue, 07/07/2009 - 04:35

I did this exactly, but when agent click not ready, it gives error a windows error as following:

The instruction at "0x7c362863" reference memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"

To what related I do not know, but I would like to ask:

In the registry, there are the value name, value data and the Base. In the value name it is written: "Insert not ready reason code 6 here." and in he value data, I placed "6".

Now, the question is: in the Base, what should I select? Hexadecimal or Decimal? Currently it is Hexadecimal.

Is the Hexadecimal and Decimal has effection? All the values I selected for not ready reasons are from range 1 to 7.

There is another issue that might effect, and I am not sure: There are the default reasons codes: 50002 (CTI Failure), 50010 (Missed Tasks), 32767 (RONA) and the 0 (Undefined).

So, do I have to remove these default values? Or I have to add them for the registry? Maybe here is my problem?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

david.macias Tue, 07/07/2009 - 04:42

Make sure the registry matches the Reason Codes in the config manager. Use, decimal, and make sure that also matches what you have in the config manager. Don't delete the default codes until you get an understanding on how adding new ones works.

david

bilalghayad Tue, 07/07/2009 - 06:12

The registry mataches the reason code values in the AW Config(same values in the registry and in the AW config), except the default values existed in the reason codes are not existed in the registry. Do I have to add it in the registry?

But in the registry, I did not find a place to write the description for the code, I just enter the values (which same in the AW Config).

Any advise

Regards

Bilal

No to the defaults - a user NEVER sets those, the system does.

The registry entry is a DWORD. The number aligns with what you have in the AW. The name of the DWORD is the lnot ready reason the users see to select. This should line up with the name you have in the AW (but there is nothing to enforce this - the values must match). So you can say anything here - including name, description.

Regards,

Geoff

bilalghayad Tue, 07/07/2009 - 07:35

So what could be the reason for this error? Is it because of the name? Just now I made the name same in the PGA registry and PGB registry as the AW Config. But ofcourse, I did not restart the CTIOS Server (and I did not check the "idle reason required" in the Agent Desktop Settings, because agents now in live and do not need to interrupt.

By the way, the registry place that I am working on it is:

HKET_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Ctios\CTIOS_mtc\CTIOS1\Server\Agent\Reason Codes\NotReady

There are two string, I am not sure if I have to touch them:

1) Default which is a string under Reason Codes,

and

2) Default which is a string under the Not Ready

Do I have to set there values to 0 or 1 or do not touch them?

Regards

Bilal

They should remain as is.

Why oh why are you doing this during production? These settings will not take until you restart the CTIOS.

Shouldn't you be investigating the course of action in the lab system, writing this up in a document, running a reasonable test plan, and then thinking of a change in production.

Ok, call me old fashioned.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion