cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTM 8.5 install

cwarner01
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install CTM 8.5 on an HP Proliant DL-360 G4 with Solaris 10. Nothing else has been installed besides Solaris. I cannot seem to even get Oracle installed let alone CTM 8.5 is there an install for dummies guide?

4 Replies 4

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

CTM is not supported on the Solaris 10 x86 platform. The only platform you can install CTM is Sun Sparc.

You can run clients on x86 platform, but not the server.

HTH,

jerry

Jerry,

The documentation that I included below says that you can run it on Solaris 10. I am a novice so I must be missing something. I take it that it's not Solaris 10 that's the problem but the server itself?

1.1 CTM Server Requirements

The CTM server runs on any of the following specifications:

•Sun Solaris 10, release 11/06, on a Sun SPARC-based server

•T2 processor on Sun Solaris 10, release 5/08

Cisco tests certain simulated network configurations, which are listed in Table 1-1 to Table 1-2. Your setup and performance might vary depending on the size of your network and the usage pattern of management tasks.

Hi Chris,

Please noted that the specification said:

Sun Solaris 10, release 11/06, on a Sun SPARC-based server

T2 processor on Sun Solaris 10, release 5/08

T2 processor is also SPARC, where SPARC is not Intel (x86) processor, it is a RISC processor(http://www.sun.com/processors/UltraSPARC-T2/).

HP servers (DL) are using Intel processor, AKA x86.

Also, Solaris supports two platforms, x86, and SPARC (http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/specs.jsp). Please take a look at the platform section.

HTH,

jerry

Thanks Jerry. It's clear to me now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco