Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate a BlackBerry Bold to CUCM

I'm investigating about the basic requirements to integrate a mobile BlackBerry Bold to CUCM, I found that maybe the Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator can solve my request, but if this is the solution, what are the minimum requierements to work this out?? How can I associate the mobile WiFi to the CUCM??

Thanks,

Juan Carlos Arias

8 Replies 8

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Mobile Communicator does not provide a WiFi client for the Balckberry to register with CallManager.

It provides access to phone features (call logs, directories etc.), visual voicemail and Presence integration. All calls still go over the cellular network though.

RIM have announced a new product that integrates their phones with CallManager.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/blackberry_mvs/cisco.jsp

It will be launched in a few months but will not offer a wifi client in the first release. This may come later but no guarantees.

If this is helpful please rate.

Hello James, thanks for your comments. I didn't mean that UMC provides a WiFi client, the mobile phone has already a WiFi client, in this case is there a client, something like an IP Communicator for the mobile?? Does the UMC provide me of telephony services??

Thanks,

You can easily find the datasheets on CCO if you take a couple of minutes to search, reading those will tell you what it offers and what is needed.

Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps7271/data_sheet_c78-502296.html

Lower Total Cost of Ownership

Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator can help reduce cellular costs by transparently placing calls through Cisco Unified Communications Manager using the Dial via Office capability (Figure 3). In addition, the application supports over-the-air provisioning, eliminating the need for costly cables and additional installation hardware.

It's worth noticing that you cannot just have CUMC, you need CUMA as well.

Look at all the requirements needed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I think James already explained it very clear. CUMC is NOT a softphone. The voice channel still goes through PSTN.

However, CUMC can control CUCM to bridge the call for you. It's called DVO (Dial Via Office). So the person who receives the call would think you're dialing from your office phone.

Michael

Ok I understand what you're saying, but let's review the question, which are the minimun requierements for this?? Just the CUCM?? I mean, no other software??

Thanks for your time and patience.

... the link i provided has ALL the requirements

... in the post i told you CUMA is required

... did you looked at it?

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hello Java, sorry but I'm not an expert on Unified Applications, I'm trying to understand many things; I'm asking this cause I think that those are not the minimun requierements, I mean if I don't have MeetingPlace the solution is not complete??

I check the link and I just had that doubt and want to be clearly, anyways thanks for your time and patience.

Regards,

"Minimum requirement" depends on your needs. If you need more, the "minimum requirements" would be more.

Your original question was "how to assciate a wifi phone to CUCM". But you didn't mention what feature/function you want.

Just to list some of the features:

SNR - Single Number Reach

DVO - Dial Via Office

Single voicemail box

Hand-in/Hand-out between cell and deskphone.

If you'd like to know more features, please contact a Cisco sales partner.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: