Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence Viewer Shows Line Presence Status is Unknown

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

We are using Presence 7.0 and CUCM 7.0, CUCM is integrated with an LDAP server and pulling down the users and this is being propogated to presence. When I run the diagnostive tool everything looks good and all of the users are in presence. When i use the presence viewer I can see all there controlled devices but the lines show presence status of unknown. What might I be missing. Could this relate to the SUBSCRIBE CSS? Thanks

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

1. CUPS7/CUCM7 don't use subscribe CSS.

2. Presence View is not reliable.

3. Did you get phone presence on CUPC?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael

is presence Viewer still unreliable? I have 2 users with contacts - presence and availabilty status updates work fine with cupc clients and end user in the admin page also shows contacts. However in Presence viewer the status is unknown (from own or others perspective) and it shows no contacts. The only correct field it shows is if the client is logged in or not....thanks, Jeff

Hi Michael,

I am integrating CUCM 7.0.2 - CUP 7.0.5 - OCS - MOC.

I have 5 user configured in the CUP with presence and deskphone control capabilities but in the presence viewer the line status its still unknown, and when I call to phone of user (active in the CUP) there is'nt event in the MOC about that call...I supoussed that must to have anything? In the other hand, from the MOC when I want to call to another user-phone (active in the OCS and in the CUP) but I do'nt see the option to click and call...

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Ivan Garrido.

Michael -

is that the subscribe css everywhere? User, Trunk, etc?

Thanks!

nwkotze
Level 1
Level 1

On the CUPS Client go Help, under there you will find Server Health. Check to see if the client can connect to the CUP Server, if not let me know... Nico

oh yeah, he connects. End of the day, all of sudden it went green again to available. I think it has to a firewall.

The thing here is that the Presence Server has a inbound access list that should beconfigured to allow the subnet remote and local CUP Cient PC reside! Try and find "inbound access list" in the CUPS Admin Page, I think it's under Security. Nico

If you set this to ALL on outbound and inbound, it should not matter then. everything comes in and out on this. unless im mistaken.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: