cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUMA 7 install issue - CUCM Enterprise Adapter fails config test

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

New CUMA 7 install and I can't get the CUCM enterprise adapter to pass config test. It fails with a web services error. I have used numerous ID's for the web services config and verified that the users have the proper access. All other Adapters pass their config tests. The version of CUCM is 7.0(1) right now.

Any Ideas?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

How many CUCM servers you configured in the adapter? If you configured two, make sure "AXL Web Service" is running on both.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

ASA is security option. If you are testing CUMA/CUMC, you don't need ASA.

Check System Management > Network Properties. If you don't have ASA, just put the IP address of CUMA in "Proxy Host Name"

Michael

View solution in original post

29 Replies 29

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

How many CUCM servers you configured in the adapter? If you configured two, make sure "AXL Web Service" is running on both.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

That did it! Thanks.

Now if I can just get the service to start. I used the basic security config in the install guide witha trust_all security context. Are there other certificates that need to be loaded before the service will run? I also still have to configure my ASA as a proxy...could that be why it doesn't start?

ASA is security option. If you are testing CUMA/CUMC, you don't need ASA.

Check System Management > Network Properties. If you don't have ASA, just put the IP address of CUMA in "Proxy Host Name"

Michael

So that allowed the server to start. Now I have the client loaded on my BB 8820 and when I launch the client it prompts me to accept provisioning for my user ID, but when I enter my password it says it cannot contact the Mobility server.

Any thoughts?

We need to understand your network topology.

Does BB talk to your CUMA server directly? Or the BB talks to a proxy server/ASA?

Michael

Well at this point I don't have the ASA configured yet, so the proxy is pointing at the mobility server itself. We have a BES server on the inside of our network.

If BB talks to CUMA directly, it should be very straight forward.

From Internet, try to telnet to the CUMA client port (you may find out from CUMA Admin > System Management > Network Properties). See if you can connect to the client port. (by default it's 5443)

BTW, is your CUMA server accessible from Internet?

Michael

No the CUMA server is not accessible from the internet right now. I'm assuming that is where the ASA proxy comes in...right?

Thanks

Also, not sure if it matters but...our BES server can talk to internal servers directly, so would the proxy be needed?

If CUMA server is not accessible from the internet, you'll need an ASA.

BES server is out of the picture when BB connects to CUMA.

Michael

Thanks for the information. So what hostname does the client use to connect from the outside to the CUMA server, and where does it get that information from? Does it come with the install package downloaded from the CUMA server and is it the proxy configuration that it's derived from?

The client connects to the FQDN of the ASA. You manually enter the FQDN on CUMC on BB.

Michael

I see, so after I successfully log into the client on the BB I will be able to enter options (ie. the FQDN of the ASA)? I'm a little confused, I don't see any configuration options available before logging in, and without the options how can it successfully log me in?

It depends on provisioning methods.

If you're using manual provisioning, you'll see a screen like attached. You may enter the FQDN of the ASA.

If you're using BES to provision, the server URL will be auto-populated with the value configured in CUMA > System Management > Network Properties.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: