cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote CIPC Time Zone

brandon.kallas
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC500 that is located in the Moutain Time zone, but we have remote users all over the country in different time zones.   How do you modify the phone system or the CIPC so that the correct time for that specific user's time zone is displayed?

8 Replies 8

Just define a timezone under "telephony-service" for where the UC500 is located. With that setting, CIPC will be able to get the time from the PC, wherever it is.

Let me knwo if this works.

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

I've added that command to the telephony-service "time-zone 7" (Mountain Time), but after a few days, the remote users in different time zones are still showing the time of the phone system.

Any new information regarding the time zone issue, the above fix still did not fix the problem.

Can you verify that the phone type in the UC500 config is CIPC?

What version of CIPC client are you running?

What software pack on the UC500 are you running?

ephone  5

device-security-mode none

video
mac-address 001A.9254.DB4F

paging-dn 1

type CIPC

button  1:17

CIPC version is 7.0.1

Software pack is 7.0.2

Any updates about this issue?

Sorry, I didn't respond.  I looked into this and it appears that the phone is using time from the CME instead of the PC.  I am going to see if earlier versions worked differently, because I was under the impression they received time from the PC they were installed on.

Hi,

I am running CIPC 7.0.2.0 on a UC520 system configured on the 7.0.3 SBCS Bundle.

My System showed it was configured for Pacific Time:

SBCS-Main#sh clock
15:04:36.767 PST Sun Jul 26 2009

And my CIPC showed Pacific Time even though me and my PC are set to Eastern time.   In addition, my PC time was not minute synchronized to the UC520 time, so my CIPC was off about 4 minutes + the 3 hour time zone.

I went into CCA and configured the system for GMT -5 (Eastern) and allowed CUE to reload (so this is definately Maintenance Window activity).

I then also checked CLI: Show Telephony-service

timezone 12 Eastern Standard/Daylight Time

I then stopped completely (from task bar as well) CIPC and restared it.  It was still minute synchronized to the PC, but still showing 3 hours off timezone (still on pacific time).

I reinstallied CIPC now, and it came back to the correct timezone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: