cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

tomcat.exe soaking up the CPU

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

Would there be any reason tomcat.exe would take all of the CPU forever? LMS 2.6 with CS 3.06.

thanks!

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, not unless some job or some task was running.

Upon further observation, net stop crmdmgtd never completes and tomcat.exe goes to %100 forever.

I came across this problem while trying to ugprade to CM 4.0.13 and was "helping" the proc shutdown. Obviously the upgrade never happens since now matter what CW services I shut down, some start back up during the pre-instsall phase and tomcat.exe goes %100.

Any other ideas? IS there a debug I can enable?

Debug won't help at this point. Post a screenshot of your services control panel showing all running services.

Here it is.

This doesn't show all services on the box, but I do see the Big Brother SNM service running. What does it do? Does it start other services like a watchdog daemon? If so, and if it is configured to start CiscoWorks services such as Tomcat, that could be causing your CPU problem. You should exclude all CiscoWorks services from being managed by a third party watchdog.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco