Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in installing CAR 4.2 in Solaris 10

Hi there, I am stuck in these error everytime I install CAR4.2 in Solaris 10.

Here's the error log:

extracting: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/images/tomcat.gif

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/index.html

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/introduction.html

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/jndi-resources-howto.html

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/manager-howto.html

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/proxy-howto.html

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/README.txt

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/realm-howto.html

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/RUNNING.txt

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/security-manager-howto.html

inflating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/tomcat-docs/ssl-howto.html

creating: /opt/CSCOar/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/work/

# setting up product configuration file /opt/CSCOar/conf/car.conf

# linking /etc/init.d/arserver to /etc/rc.d files

# setting ORACLE_HOME and JAVA_HOME variables in arserver

# flushing old replication archive

# creating initial configuration database

/var/sadm/pkg/CSCOar/install/postinstall: /opt/CSCOar/bin/mcdadmin: cannot execute

pkgadd: ERROR: postinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <CSCOar> failed.

#

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Before you begin to install the software, check your workstation's /etc/group file and make sure that group staff exists. The software installation will fail if group staff does not exist before you begin.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/access_registrar/4.2/installation/guide/install.html#wp1041434

I got the same problem and I have checked the /etc/group file. It shows:

root::0:

other::1:root

staff::10:

nogroup::65534

So the staff exists already. How comes it is stopped in the post install script?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: