Client Matter Code

Answered Question
Jul 2nd, 2009

I am using a call manager 6.1. I am using Client Matter Code as the authorisation code for a particular partition. The problem I am facing is that, the code is visible when I press the code for initiating a call. Is there any way that I can make this masked (astrik) when the code is pressed.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 7 years 5 months ago

Hi Alex,

Sadly, this is not possible when using CMC's. The use of CMC's is really meant for Billing/Chargeback type scenarios like in Law Firms when calls relating to a certain file or case should be Billed against that Client via CMC Codes. When you want to Authorize calls via a PIN type code entered by the user, the recommendation is to use FAC's (Forced Auth Codes). When these are entered the Digits "are" hidden :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
rob.huffman Thu, 07/02/2009 - 02:48

Hi Alex,

Sadly, this is not possible when using CMC's. The use of CMC's is really meant for Billing/Chargeback type scenarios like in Law Firms when calls relating to a certain file or case should be Billed against that Client via CMC Codes. When you want to Authorize calls via a PIN type code entered by the user, the recommendation is to use FAC's (Forced Auth Codes). When these are entered the Digits "are" hidden :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion