cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Time

aapexisinc
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble getting voicemail to report the correct time a message is left.  Both CME and CUE are reporting the correct time (via CCA and CUE Web), but voicemail messages are reporting a time which is 1hr 14min earlier on one system, and 9 minutes later on another.  Where can I go to fix this?

10 Replies 10

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

If you have the latest version of CUE you can double check this on the WEB GUI. Goto "system" and choose "network time & Time Zone Settings", then choose the correct country and timezone on the page, goto the Adminstration tab and choose Control Panel, Save your Unity configuration and then reload. Wait for about 4-7 minutes until the Unity is back up and running, then check the messages again to see if the time has changed. Try to leave a new message as well to see if the time is correct.

Regards

Eivind

I've done that.  The time reported by CUE is correct, but the time reported by voicemail is still off.

Can you please verify via CLI what is the NTP server that CUE is using? Log into CUE and issue a "show run".

Thanks,

Marcos

cue sh run reports: ntp server 10.1.10.2 prefer

cme is using time.nist.gov at 192.43.244.18

OK. One more thing, what is the IOS version running on the UC500?

Marcos

12.4(22)YB1

OK. You are running into this bug:

CSCsu36827    CUE clock does not sync up with the CME using NTP

You can point CUE to an external NTP server as a workaround for now. Our next EA Software Pack will have the IOS with the fix. Release date TBD.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

OK; thanks.

I would like to deploy the next 7.1 early adopter release. I have discovered a bug that occurs in IOS 12.4(20)T2, but does not occur in the 7.1.x or the 4.2.x releases. The bug has to do with consultative call transfer and keep-conference not working correctly.

Hi John,

Please open a TAC case at your earliest convenience so our Support Team can help you identify the issue.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: