- Cisco Employee,
The Unity Connection team is currently accepting applications for the Cisco Unity ConnectionÂ® 8.0 Early Field Trial (EFT). The primary features in this release are:
Voicemail to Text-Users can have incoming voicemail messages automatically transcribed to text and then sent to their SMTP or SMS device.
Unity to Unity Connection interoperability -- This feature provides interoperability between a Unity 8.0 Digital Network and a Unity Connection 8.0 Digital Network. The systems will share and synchronize user information. Message routing between networks will be enabled and cross-network logins and transfers will be supported.
Scalability-Unity Connection scalability has been increased to support:
* 20 nodes in a digital network
* 100,000 users and contacts in a single digital network
* 20,000 users on a single Cisco Unity Connection server, or an active-active cluster. (Specific hardware requirements need to be met).
* 500 voice ports on each server in an active-active cluster
Unity migration-Unity Connection 8.0 includes tools to facilitate migrating subscribers from a Unity system to Unity Connection.
Single Point of Administration - This feature improves the ability of an administrator to administer users, contacts, and distribution lists that are homed on remote servers.
Message Aging---Message aging policies can be established per user (currently, this is a global setting).
Supervised Transfer for Alternate Contact Number - The administrator can configure an Alternate Contact number to have a Supervised Transfer. If the Alternate Contact number does not answer or is busy, the caller returns to the subscriber's greeting, where they may be able to try other options or leave a message.
Virtualization-- Unity Connection supports virtualization under VMWare. (Specific hardware requirements need to be met).
Customizable Directory Handlers - Administrators can customize the voice greetings of the Directory Handlers.
Subscriber conversation enhancements - The following features have been added to the subscriber telephone conversation:
* Message recall-Subscribers can recall a message that has not yet been heard by the recipient.
* Drafts folder-Subscribers can access a Drafts Folder to a complete a message that was accidentally or intentionally left incomplete.
* Message Bookmark-Subscribers can resume message playback on the same message they dropped off, the next time they call Unity Connection.
* Alternate Extension List Maintenance - Subscribers can add and delete Alternate Extensions from the conversation.
If you are interested in participating in the trial, or in the Unity Connection EFT program in general, please contact Laura Vernum ([email protected]).