cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Automatically record all calls as part of script

Dennis Aston
Level 1
Level 1

I read in a document that it was possible as part of a script to automaticaly record all calls with UCCX. Has anybody done this? I haven't been able to find script samples or instructions on setup in any documentation so far.

RTFM is ongoing but any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, to do CAD recording (option two) you need to create a CAD workflow action that triggers the start recording action on the call answer event. The CDA admin guide talks about workflows generically.

Cisco Desktop Administrator User Guide for CAD 6.6 for Unified CM

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/cda66ug-cm.pdf

As for the longer term storage: The files are saved in RAW format. There is a utility that will convert them to WAV files. You can create a schedule task that runs the raw2wav.exe against the recordings and then copies them off-box. Note in CCX 8.0 you will need to have SFTP to get these copied off and then convert them on your own.

I am going to direct you to your partner or Cisco SE to validate sizing using the config tool.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Recording is included in UCCX Enhanced and Premium but not standard

It is possible to do what you want but Cisco generally recommend that you buy a third party recording product (e.g. Verint) if you want to record all calls. These products generally have advanced search and archiving features for managing calls which the built in recording lacks. They tend to be $$$ so it may be worth using the built in recording if budget is limited.

You will need to use the Recording step and then save the resulting document as a file somewhere.

I do not have a sample script myself but everything you need should be in Alex Hannah's script at the link below:

http://www.uccx.net/media/p/47.aspx

Please rate if helpful.

Just to clear the recording issue; so the CCX can operate as a call recorder without the need for a 3rd party system?? what about its specification on how much calls and/or disadvantages rather than using a 3rd party one.

thanks in advance

I think you guys are talking about two different types of recording. I could be wrong but I believe the original question was asking about recording calls between the agent and the caller. Your original question was a little misleading because you were asking about how to do this within a script which is a different recording type.

IVR Recording: You can use a recording step within a script to record the caller during IVR. You can then save (or email if on premium licensing) this recording. This is similar to Unity recording something the caller said.

CAD Recording/Monitoring: This is where you choose to record or monitor the call between an agent and a caller. This cannot be controlled by a script; however, you can write a workflow action that automatically starts the built-in recording functionality. This would be identical to a supervisor pressing Record in CSD.

The second option puts a load on the CCX server and you should use caution to ensure you have sized the platform properly before enabling this. This is typically not recommended as it provides a very basic/crude experience and does not provide a long-term retention mechanism.

CAD recording or similar is what I am targeting (option 2). I just attended a UCCX class and they mentioned it could be done via script but when asked the answer was to take a look on the internet for an example. Not exactly helpful, so here I am.

I am pretty sure the hard part will be recording the calls. After that I can write a program or even use something as basic as Microsoft's robocopy to watch a directory and move the file to another location for longer term storage. As far as the load, I have 14 staff taking calls and its running on a fairly decent box now, soon to be migrated to a new 7845 class machine.

Ok, to do CAD recording (option two) you need to create a CAD workflow action that triggers the start recording action on the call answer event. The CDA admin guide talks about workflows generically.

Cisco Desktop Administrator User Guide for CAD 6.6 for Unified CM

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/cda66ug-cm.pdf

As for the longer term storage: The files are saved in RAW format. There is a utility that will convert them to WAV files. You can create a schedule task that runs the raw2wav.exe against the recordings and then copies them off-box. Note in CCX 8.0 you will need to have SFTP to get these copied off and then convert them on your own.

I am going to direct you to your partner or Cisco SE to validate sizing using the config tool.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: