I've ordered our 1st Small Business Pro ESW-520-24P switch in place of CE520-24. The ESW Pro switch was plugged to our demo UC520 (with CCA 2.0 and IOS 12.4(20)T2). The CCA 2.0 already running on my desktop did not recognize the switch upon (several) refresh so I've exited and re-launched the CCA 2.0. This time around the switch showed up on the Topology View which had obtained a dynamic IP from the UC520.
The other observation was the fact that, the Home/Device Set up Wizard does not have a pull down entry for the ESW-520/540. So I've launch the switch's Webview.
Per the attached network diagram (which incidently only shows half the T1s and the routers), I plan to install this switch in a Hosted VoIP network with 2x T1s/Routers and 2x EdgeMarc VoIP QoS routers. Here're my thought please let me know if there's a better suggestion/best practice to apply:
- Each T1 comes to a T1 router and then connects to one EdgeMarc router (DHCP)
- Each EdgeMarc router licensed for up to 15 simoultanous calls although the switch has only 24 ports.
- The Switch will be configured with Static IP
- 12 ports of switch to be allocated to to each EdgeMarc router 12+12
- The switch smart ports will also be configured for IP Phone + Desktop (phones have internal switch for PCs)