User names for non-existing guest accounts appearing in WCS reports

Unanswered Question
Jul 2nd, 2009

Hi All,

I currently have a client where we have deployed a guest network using webauth and the lobby ambassador account to provision guest users under WCS 5.2.

When running client detail reports there are a number of odd behaviours that i don't understand.

First and most importantly the username section of the report is populated with usernames that have never been provisioned and do not currently exist.

I made a guess and thought maybe it was recording usernames of people who had attempted to log in via webauth using their normal user accounts as the recorded names were in this format but this did not generate an entry in the report.

The second issue was that a lot of users had pulled down a few MB (8.5 was the highest at that point) of data while not authenticated. The standard webauth page is used with some minor changes and this is tiny so i can't account for where this data is coming from unless they are pulling down that page repeatedly.

I am hoping someone will have experienced these 2 situations and can assist.

Thanks

Ben

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Lucien Avramov Fri, 07/03/2009 - 18:29

The username section can get populated from the users that do exist on the controller.

The second issue doesnt make much sense, you may want to open a TAC SR to investigate this further

benkirton Sat, 07/04/2009 - 19:07

There are no users on the controller other than those that are provisioned by the lobby ambassador and the admin accounts, none of which are the user names appearing.

Lucien Avramov Sat, 07/04/2009 - 19:12

Are you using a RW community string to manage the controller in WCS ? If you have configured the RO community string, wcs will not be able to push the users to the WLC.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network