Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection IMAP

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

just wanted to run this by some of you if you can think of any gotchya's :

we have a customer that has both a Domino (AD1)and an Exchange(AD2) environment (there's been a merger) - they will have seperate Call Manager clusters that will be integrated to the same Unity Connection cluster. They will need both Client IMAP connections from Outlook and Lotus Notes (should'nt be an issue) but they will also want TTS (not sure if they can have that from the 2 locations, Exchange and Domino?).

The other possible show stopper is that we have pointed Unity connection to get its users from CUCM which is LDAP connected to AD1 and therefore I cannot see how we can get the users in from AD2?? Any advise would be appreciated...cheers Jag

3 Replies 3

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

Just an update, the TTS to Domino is not supported , so I think its the AD integration that's the issue...cheers, Jag.

Hi Jag,

I think you could point CUCM at two separate AD's for synchronisation purposes without any trouble as long as you use the same AD attributes to map to CUCM for both directories.

The problem would come if you want to set up LDAP authentication as that only seems to allow you to point at one LDAP directory. I am no AD expert but would imagine that it may be possible to authenticate between two ADs.

James,

thanks for the reply, yes we have come to the same conclusiion, LDAP sync is ok but ldap authentication between trusts I'm not sure about - at this stage to be truthful I don't have full details of the AD infrastructure whether they are completely standalone or not...Thanks,Jag

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: