Views
Helpful
Replies

Rauge Ap Problem

satyamothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am having 10 Lwap with 4404 controller in my site.I am facing problem with rauge ap's.I am not able to connect to my network.There are 100 rauge ap near my site....i think my controller is not able to provide channel to my ap's.Please suggest what to do with this case?

Regards,

Satya.M

10 Replies 10

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

in most of the cases rogue ap's do use the 2.4 GHz frequency, try to configure yours on the 5.0 GHz and see if that helps

please find the run-config ....please help me in this case....

Regards,

Satya.M

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't understand this. The WLC has Dynamic Channel Assignment enabled by default so you shouldn't be making any changes.

WHY are you not able to connect?

WHAT are the alarms on the WLC logs?

Hi Please find the sh run-config.Please do the needful.

hi team....

please ....reply....

Have the following questions:

1. Have you checked your Emergency Image Version? It says "Error". Not a good sign.

2. What's going on with your Contoller Configured Country? You have "Multiple Countries:MX,AT,IN,HK,NZ,PA,DO,CA,PH,AR,PE". Nail this down to your country FIRST because this could be causing your problem.

Hi

thanks for your reply....

but my problem is some thing different....my controller is not able to set the channels becouse the rauge ap's are also having same chennels....as i told you there are 100 rauge ap in my location....Please help in this case....

Regards,

Satya.M

Hi Satya,

You are confusing me. In your first post, you entered "I am not able to connect to my network". Now, you are saying "my controller is not able to set the channels becouse the rauge ap's are also having same chennels".

Can you please specify which of the two is your problem?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.My only problem is access point not able to get channel from controller becouse of rouge ap's.If my ap is not getting Channel how my clients get connected?This is a link from one one.Please find the debugs and run config.....

Regards,

Satya.M

Y'know what? I think we got off the wrong foot here.

Have you tried to set your WLC with NO Authentication and see if your clients are able to successfully Associate/Authenticate?

If not, I recommend you try it.

When your clients are able to Associate/Authenticate successfully using OPEN Authentication, you can start piling up the security stuffs.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card