cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco3845: NM-1T3/E3 vs NM-1A-T3/E3

pcce5w2hlh
Level 4
Level 4

What's the difference between these two T3/E3 network modules (NM-1T3/E3 and NM-1A-T3/E3)? It seems that both modules provide T3/E3 connectivity.

Read that the cable is using the 75-ohm BNC connectors for both modules. Is the part code "CAB-ATM-DS3/E3" the correct cable to install for both modules?

NM-1T3/E3 >>>>>

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps4909/product_data_sheet09186a008010fba2.html

NM-1A-T3/E3 >>>>>

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps8604/product_data_sheet0900aecd806a2d17.html

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The -1A is for ATM only and cannot use for clear channel or frame-relay.

Vice-versa for the other module.

Cable is the same.

I was informed that the connectivity will be a 45Mbps IPLC between 2 sites. What will be the difference in provisioning in Clear channel mode or in ATM? since both achieve 45Mbps T3 speed.

What is IPLC ? You should use the clear channel however because with ATM you always suffer a large overhead.

An IPLC (International Private Leased Circuit) is a point-to-point private line used by an organization to communicate between offices that are geographically dispersed throughout the world. An IPLC can be used for Internet access, business data exchange, video conferencing, and any other form of telecommunication.

Very good. Use the non ATM module for that, and remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Marcus Ramirez
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the information about these cards. I have been trying to research the big difference between the two for quite some time now. I couldn't find the link on the NM-1T3/E3 module but you were able to! Thanks again for the help! Great information!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco