Helpful
Replies

How to change the variables order in the CTI server and not the ICM script

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

My IPCCE is 7.2

Really I am facing a problem regarding the order of variables, and I do not know if what I am looking for it can be done or not:

Already the script built since long time, and it depends on the variables, so we can not change its order (as already the script check for example variable1 as it is the ANI and variable2 as it is the Customer Profile, and so on). So I can not change these things in the script again because I have to go through the script and do a check on every thing.

But at the same time, I need the CTI clien to receive these variables in another order, so for example vairable 1 to be the Customer Profile and variable 2 to be the ANI and so on.

In other words, I need the CTI client to receive the variables in different order than the script, so variable 1 appear as variable 2 and variable 2 appear as variavle 4 (as an example).

Can I do this? How?

Regards

Bilal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

See "Configuring the Call Appearance Grid" on page 8-20 of "CTI OS System Manager's Guide for Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Editions" Cisco CTI OS Release 7.2(1) May 2007.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

You 'could' do this, but you would have to customize the desktop to flip the PVs around. Honestly, your best and easiest thing is to switch them in the ICM script. Perhaps what you can do is leave them the same for most of the script then change them right before the call queues. I'm not really sure why you can't change them around in the first place.

david

I can customize the desktop because we already have the CTIOS toolkit for development, so this is possible.

But, how to change them in the CTIOS server it self?

About changing them in the script: I already wrote the script since long time, and it has a lot of things, (very big script, it is for Mobile Operator Call Center), so I would not to touch it and play in the variables, because that will require from me to go for each part of the script and check the variables and re write it in the new order).

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

Not sure I understand. You can change your desktop to rewrite them, then when you make a transfer the variables will be in different order. However, again, you're doing this the hard way, no matter how big your script is, the work you're going to do will be far grater. Do you really want to manage multiple desktop version depending on where the variables are?

david

The "Find" function in Script Editor (ICM 7.x or greater) will EASILY find all scripts where you are using CallVariable1 - and so on. I agree with David - fix the scripts.

Regards,

Geoff

OK, but there is not any method that I can change their orders from the CTI Server (which send for the CTI client)? From the registry, I can not do this?

Regards

Bilal

You can arrange the order they appear in the CTIOS Soft Phone through the registry.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks a lot Geoff, that is exactly what I was need. But from where I can set this in the registry?

Regards

Bilal

See "Configuring the Call Appearance Grid" on page 8-20 of "CTI OS System Manager's Guide for Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Editions" Cisco CTI OS Release 7.2(1) May 2007.

Regards,

Geoff

We are closing to resolve the problem.

How can we let the DNIS to be same as the variable 8?

For example, if variable 8 was 107 then DNIS to become 107?

Regards

Bilal

You have to use a set node. Inside you'll have:

Object Type: Call

Variable:PeripheralVariable8

Value: Call.DialedNumberString

david

Is that what he is asking? That would set PV8 to the DNIS.

I am under the impression that you cannot reset Call.DialedNumberString, but I could be wrong. But it would not be a good idea at all, even if it were possible.

Regards,

Geoff

From the ICM script? If I did this, it will not let the CTIOS Agent Desktop receive the DNIS with the same PV8 value (I am sure and this is tested), because these assignments in the script level does not change what already the got to the CTIOS Server (and hence what is the CTIOS Agent Desktop client will get from the server), am correct?

I am looking to do such assignment in the CTIOS server it self, so client will receive what we assign.

Any method? Can it be done from the registry?

Regards

Bilal

Geoff,

You're right, he is asking the other way, he wants to change the DNIS to the value of PV8.

You can't and should not do this. Perhaps you should back up and tell us what you're trying to accomplish, it sounds like you're going not following best practices, but maybe if you give us an understanding of what you're trying to accomplish we might be able to help.

david

> Perhaps you should back up and tell us what you're trying to accomplish....

Now that is a great suggestion!

Lay it out for us. We can help.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: