How do I deliver blocked emails?

Unanswered Question
Jul 3rd, 2009
User Badges:

I have a user that needs to receive an email with an attachment larger than what's allowed. The sender received a message that it had exceeded our allowable size. Can I get into the C150 and deliver this message to the recipient?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kluu_ironport Wed, 07/08/2009 - 00:19
User Badges:

This may be difficult to apply to a single recipient because your allowed inbound message size is controlled by the "Mail Flow Policies" of your HAT Overview(Mail policies -> HAT Overview).

This section of the email pipeline is only looking at the IP/hostname of the incoming connections from inbound1.yahoo.com for example. It doesn't contain information about the recipient email address yet.

Two options stand out.

1. You can increase the limit on your mail flow policies.

2. If you know the IP range or hostname of the particular sending host for this particular recipient, you can create a Sendergroup/mail flow policy specific for them that increases the limit just for that sending domain.

Let me know if you need clarification.

I have a user that needs to receive an email with an attachment larger than what's allowed.  The sender received a message that it had exceeded our allowable size.  Can I get into the C150 and deliver this message to the recipient?

Actions

This Discussion