Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting intermittent beeps during a voice call

furqan_ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have UCM 7.0 and Cisco Unified IP phone 7965G. Whenever I dial some external number I get intermittent beeps during the conversation. Both parties listen to that beep and it comes randomly i.e. sometimes after 30 seconds and sometimes after 2 or 3 minutes.

I checked on Cisco website, they say it might happen if call monitoring or call recording is enabled. I am not using any call monitoring and recording.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

19 Replies 19

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Is there a headset involved? It could be a low battery warning.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

There is no headset involved. Battery is fine, it gets charged through PoE switch.

I have tried calling from different users desks and all are giving the same intermittent beep during the voice call.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Furgan,

Can you please check this Phone parameter that is invoked even if you aren't using any Recording Software;

Recording Tone

Indicates whether a recording tone (often referred to as a beep tone) is enabled or disabled for the phone. If the recording tone option is enabled, the phone plays the beep tone in both directions of every call, regardless of whether the call actually gets recorded. The beep tone first sounds when a call is answered.

You may want to notify your users if you enable this option.

From Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone > Phone Configuration > Product Specific Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7942g/7_0/english/administration/guide/62adg70.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

If the recording tone option is enabled, the phone plays the beep tone in both directions of every call, regardless of whether the call actually gets recorded.

Wow, gotta be named Cisco to write something like that.

Hey Buddy,

Yes, that is pretty funky for sure! I couldn't believe that this was the case until I actually tried it out one day in our Lab. I don't know why this would work this way but it does :( Yikes!!

Cheers!

Huff

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I will check the option you mentioned tomorrow and tell you the result.

Thanks.

May be ..

since there is no way to beep from these external recording solutions, they came up with that.

Hi Rob,

I have monitored the call and got the output of debug voice ccapi inout at the time of random beeping. Below is the exact output:

UTC://10400/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/cc_api_call_digit_begin:

consume mask is not set. Relaying Digit A to dstCallID 0x289F

UTC://10400/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/cc_api_call_digit_end:

Any suggestions.

Regards,

Furqan.

Can seem a strange question, but is there a woman talking on the other side where beeps are heard ?

Sometime certain high pitched voices can trigger dtmf relay.

Hi Rob,

I checked this option. Call Recording option is already disabled. Still, I am getting random beeps during voice call.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Furqan.

Hi,

I checked this option. Call Recording option is already disabled. Still, I am getting random beeps during voice call.

I have monitored the call and got the output of debug voice ccapi inout at the time of random beeping. Below is the exact output:

UTC://10400/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/cc_api_call_digit_begin:

UTC://10400/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/cc_api_call_digit_end:

Any suggestions.

Regards,

Furqan.

HI Furqan

Did you get a solution to this issue, even i facing a simillar issue.

Regards

Zishan

Hi Zishan,

Actually, I have run the trace on CCM. Secondly, I have enabled debugging on voice gateways and collect some important messages realted to this issue. Actually, This beep is coming from the service provider side. There is some switching issue on provider side.

I am closely working with the provider as well as Cisco. If I found something, I will post it here.

Thanks.

Hi Zishan,

I am facing the same problem as you were.We have migrated to CUCM 7.1.2 setup from Nortel.

But this kind of behaviour was not observed earlier.

Any clues..

Would really apreciate if you could share the resolution for this.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: