Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Calls between 2 callmanager express through Gatekeeper

wflores
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.

I have a lab with 2 callmanager expresses both registered to Gatekeeper. I can make a video call inside each callmanager express but I'm not able to make video calls when I call from callmanager express A to B and viceversa, I just get audio in the calls.

What do I need to configure inside the Gatekeeper to send the video between callmanagers?

Any Ideas.

Regards

Walter Flores

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CME to H323 to CME is a supported video call flow:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmevideo.html

A couple of things to check:

a. Enable H323 slow start under Voice Service VoIP or Voice Class

voice service voip

supplementary-service h450.12 advertise-only

h323

call start slow

b. Make sure there is enough bandwidth for a video call both in configuration and WAN bandwidth availability

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Call Manager Express does not support video services and I am not aware of any plans to introduce video into Call Manager Express.

Video is supported in Call Manager

CME to H323 to CME is a supported video call flow:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmevideo.html

A couple of things to check:

a. Enable H323 slow start under Voice Service VoIP or Voice Class

voice service voip

supplementary-service h450.12 advertise-only

h323

call start slow

b. Make sure there is enough bandwidth for a video call both in configuration and WAN bandwidth availability

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael

HI Michael

I followed your instructions and the video between both ccme through GK is working.

THANK VERY MUCH

Walter Flores

That's great news, Walter. Thanks for the update, and for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: