Views
Helpful
Replies

Advertising Route Learn from BB Router W/O Protocol

newnetman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I have this strange question but i know with Cisco any thing can be possible.

I have a router connected to a backbone router and must advertise the routes from the backbone router to the rest of the network.

The routes learn from the backbone router should appear in the rest of the network as EX D (External EIGRP),since the router connected to the backbone is running EIGRP.

The only connection the bacbone router has to the rest of the network is static route (ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 next-hop address,Without running any routing protocol.

Yet, the question is demanding that the router connected to the BB should advertise whatever is learned from the BB, even though there is no static or any routing protocol between them except their direct connection.

I hope you are all able to understand my question though?

Is this possible? Please help me!!!!!

Thanking you all in advance

<-----R1<----->R6<------BB

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's really very hard to understand what you're saying. For example, how a router can 'learn' any route if there is no routing protocol running?

Try making a clear example referring to the diagram.

Sir,

Many thanks to your response o my question. According to your reply i guessed my question is understood, because you partially answered what bothers me too.

I wants to believed that some elements of the question is either missing or maybe there is a way to learn routes from a neighbour without routing protocol or bidirectional static between the two routers?. Though the BB router as earlier mentioned has a static to the Only router it connect to the the network.

Once again all i want to know is if there is a way to go about it?

Any further help shall be well received.

Regards

There is no way to learn routers without a protocol.

You should either take further training to understand how things works, or escalate the problem to more experienced people.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card