Views
Helpful
Replies

Non Office Hrs Outbound Calling Restriction

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need after office hrs no body should be able to make any types of outbound calls like Local, Mobile/International where as only Inbound calling should work..Is there any way to achieve this??? If yes, plz provide with some inputs..

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

As you have not specified I will assume that you are using CUCM rather than CUCM Express and that it is a relatively recent version.

You can use the Time of Day Routing facility described at the link below to control when partitions are available.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/dialplan.html#wp1044721

If you put your PSTN access route patterns into a partition and then apply a time schedule that only makes the partition available during working hours you will achieve what you need.

Please rate if helpful.

Thanks for your quick response....I will try this & update...

One more query: i want employees who wants to dial any outbound call has to login to the IP phone. If any user doesn't login to the Phone then he/she must not be able to make any outbound calls...Only inbound calling will be available....This i need in normal office hours as well...

Can this is done??

Yes, use EM for that purpose

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

As Java stated you could do this using Extension Mobility (EM) as described at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/cmapps.html#wp1043689

An alternative would be to use Forced Authorisation codes (FAC) which require a user to enter an authorization code to reach the intended recipient of the call.

When a user dials a number that is routed through a FAC-enabled route pattern, the system plays a tone that prompts for the authorization code. To complete the call, the user authorization code must meet or exceed the level of authorization that is specified to route the dialed number.

Please rate if helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: