Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with CP-52xSG phones

alfred.thyri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have some issues with 521 and 524 phones (besides the microphone volume problem mentioned here: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/2506?start=15&tstart=0)

- The indication of missed calls in the staus line disappears after about 10 seconds

- on 524 phones, the last line button name ist restricted to 5 characters

The first one is annoying  since the customer doesn't want to loose a line button for monitoring the GDM voicebox.

Anyone has a solution to this?

phoneload is 8.1.16(b)

cheers Alfred.

13 Replies 13

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Good morning,

Second one first

Charachter Limit:

(reply from Business Unit):

This is by design, due to the limitation of the screen size (128*64) of CP-5XXG phones.
The SCCP Prompt shares the same screen area with button 4 label. We need to allow enough space for the prompt.
When the phone has button 4 configured, we reserve the left most 96 pixels for prompt, and remaining 32 pixels for button 4 label.
As a remediation for button 4 label, we take the first several characters and append with "." if the space is not enough.
Hope this explains what you observed.

Missed Call Notification Disappearing:

I also see this too on mine.  I will try to find out whats cooking there and let you know.

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your investigations.

Character Limit: Would be great if this limit is variable, depending on the configured Status message :)

Call Notification: I think this should be fixed in a future phoneload release. Maybe you have access to future release notes?

regards, Alfred.

Am following up now with both your points.  Will post as soon as I receive a reply.

Thanks!!!

Steve D

OK, the BU Engineers are looking into this issue and will add this fix to our next maintenance release.  Thanks for bringing up the issue.

I did confirm that this happens with the latest cp524g-8-1-16b.bin phone load, which is in 7.0.3 bundle.

Hi Steve,

thanks for information!!!

Alfred.

Hi Steve,

Do you have an update on the "missed calls" issue?

You can disable missed calls entirely for a phone by entering this command:

UC500(config-ephone-dn)#ephone 1
UC500(config-ephone)#no missed-calls

Reboot the phone and test. Let me know.

Marcos

Thanks Marcos. However, my customers need to see the "missed calls" notification, without having to resort to voicemail. We are still experiencing the issue that the "missed calls" notification disappears after a few seconds.

I was wondering whether this issue will be resolved soon?

Thanks

I will check again.   We still have the same Phone load for this phone, so not fixed yet....

Thanks

TME and Phone team just told me fixed in 8.1.17  , which is is bundled with the latest UC 500 Early Adopter Software Pack 7.1.3 - https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829

Steve

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just tried it on UC540 which has this Phone Load in the default release (from factory) and it works much better !!!  :-)

Hi Steve

do you have release notes fot the phoneloads?

I don't find any actual information here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9730/prod_release_notes_list.html

My customer uses 8.1.16(b0713e) (provided by TAC) - any important improvements?

regards,

Alfred.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: