Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropped calls on the SPA400

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any parameter's that I can change on the SPA400 regarding PSTN connectivity. I have one customer who is experiencing that the calls are beeing dropped from time to time. This is a installation in Norway if that should matter in any way.

Thanks

Eivind

11 Replies 11

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eivind;

Would like to know first if you have any logs from the SPA400...difficult to debug.

The only thing that comes to my mind that could affect dropped call is if PSTN has activated call waiting functionality. You can check this with the PSTN provider. If so, please ask them to disable.

regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

I haven´t got any debugs from the SPA400, it´s not that common that the calls are beeing dropped. We have another installation where the SPA9000 runs with a SIP trunk towards the ITSP and they don´t have this problem, so my first guess was a setup or confugration option I´ve missed on the SPA400.

Thanks,

Eivind

Hi Alberto,
One of our customers it's experiencing the same problem as Heivind,
he has an SPA900 with SPA400 (2 analog lines-no VOIP) and every day one or two calls drop after some minutes of conversation.
It's possible to set up the syslog to log only necessary debug data and leave it runnig an entire day ?
Thanks
Roberto

Hi,

i know the problem too. After ca. 5 Minutes the call ends. It is not very often but happens.

Kind Regards,

Tobias Lorentz

Hello sirs;

The only known case, call drop happens is when call waiting happens over the FXO line. Call waiting is not supported on the SPA400 for PSTN calls, so you need to disable it with your PSTN service provider (best is first to check whether you have this service enabled or not).

Regards
Alberto

Alberto,

There´s no call waiting configured on these lines. Any way to shape the debug as Roberto mentioned above??

Thanks,

Eivind

Hi Eivind;

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-3034

This link explains how to get Syslog on SPA400. Deactivate Voicemail traces.

Regards
Alberto

Hi  Alberto M

I'm taking the case over from Eivind, and attached a debug file from the SPA400. When we tested a call from my cell phone to the SPA400, the call didn't disconnect towards the PSTN (my mobile) when we ended the call from the SPA phone, not sure if this is related to the calls beeing disconnected.

Regards

Humma

Alberto,

We´ve given up on the SPA400, moving on to a SIP trunk instead ;)

Thanks,

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Alberto is on business travel this week.

Thanks for letting us know that a SIP trunk is going to be used.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Patrick,

I know, he had a seminar for us in Norway on Tuesday :)

Thanks,

Eivind

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: