cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set the refresh time at webview reports?

Pandiyan.d
Level 1
Level 1

I have ICM 7.2 version.

I wants to set the refresh time for all real time reports as 15 sec. So how can i set the refresh time for all the reports?

And Is any impact if i set the refresh time as 15 sec?

Guide me.

D. Pandiyan.

12 Replies 12

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

When you start the realtime report, click the refresh link at the top and set the refresh to 15 seconds. Their is very minimal impact to setting the refresh rate. The impact is that the query used to access the database is being done every 15 seconds.

Joe, I think he knows this. I mean, we all know this. What I think the OP wants is to have that as the default - rather than the 20s.

Can you answer that question?

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for your information. The above information is known to me.

But what i want is how to set the refresh time through resistry settings?

Because the above information is only for a particular report. But my requirement is to set the refresh time for all the reports. So i don't want to set in each reports by opening one by one.

D. Pandiyan.

I did some searching in our knowledge base and their is no registry setting or config file to set the default refresh rate to 15 seconds. However, if you save the report, then the refresh rate is saved with it as well.

You mean to say that the refresh time cannot be set or change to all real time reports through registry. i.e setting the refresh time regedit to make it applicable for all reports.

And we can change only at specific reports.i.e openning the specific report and change the refresh time then save it.

And ensure that we able to set min time as 15 sec for a specific reports.

D. pandiyan.

Yes, the default refresh rate cannot be changed through registry. You would have to open the report, set the refresh rate to 15 seconds then save that report definition.

Thanks for your vluable input.

But one more.

You said that we can't change the refresh settings through registry.

my questions is...

1. Is the refresh time settings is avilable at registry? If so can you please tell where i can see?

D. Pandiyan.

No, the default refresh rate is part of Webview code. It is not a setting within the registry that can be defined.

Thanks a lot for your informations. Please find my ratings.

D. Pandiyan.

joe just a quick question can the refresh rate go below 15 seconds

I'm not Joe, but my understanding is no. Clearly Cisco have set the minimum for a reason - a lower refresh rate would place a significant load on the WebView server and the AW database server.

Regards,

Geoff

I am Joe, and agree with Geoff.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: