Views
Helpful
Replies

RMON for IP SLA on Cisco 2691

punit.dixit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running IP SLA for udp-jitter operation (jitter/latency/RTT measure) on cisco 2691 router. I want RMON to be configured so that traps can be sent to NMS when crossing threshold. When i am creating RMON alarm for any "rttMonJitter*" operation , it gives me an error that it is a unknown object.

can someone suggest what shud be done in this scenario?

rgds

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why use RMON? Why not use an IP SLA trigger to send a trap instead? You can configure a reaction type to occur when the average jitter crosses the threshold defined in your collector. The action can then be to send an rttMonNotification trap from the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB.

thanks for the response...

yes, i can certainly use reaction-trigger of IPSLA, but the problem is that i am having more than 500 IP SLA configured, so if i use reaction-trigger then it wud be for per SLA config..

if i use RMON, then it wud be general for all IP SLAs.

rgds

No, you'll still need to specify an index for the RMON alarm; so you'll need an RMON alarm for each collector. It would be easier to create the IP SLA reactions.

no, i don't require to give each index of IP SLA, that is common for all indexes..

rgds

There is no such object in the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB that will give you a combined or average jitter across all configured collectors. You will need to watch the jitter values for each collector individually.

hi,

just see this config:

rmon event 100 log trap public owner NNM

rmon alarm 10 rttMonLatestJitterOperRTTMax 40 absolute rising-threshold 5 100 falling-threshold 1 owner NNM

this will send the trap of each index of IP SLA to NMS

rgds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: