Views
Helpful
Replies

unified mobility with extension mobility

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Group,

I've EM users using Mobile connect. I've associated End user with Device Profile but no primary extension. With this configuration each UM user consumes 4 DLU lincenses. I read in following documentation (Page 2) that if I associate the Adjunct device with End user the Unified Mobility will consume 2 DLU lincenses. Now, since I've EM users, can I still associate a hard-phone to that user as an adjunct device to have 2 DLU usage per user?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmsys/a02licen.pdf

Thanks for your time,

inner_silence

4 Replies 4

mansssorange
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Inner_Silence,

I am facing the same issue now. Actually each user here has an IP phone and EM, so I want to give each user his adjunct device to be his phone set.

I just want to make sure that this will not limit the user's mobility features by any means. As per my tests I did not find any problem with setting the adjunct device did you have any problem with it?

Ken Douglas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

Is it even possible to have Unified Mobility and Extension Mobility for a single user?  I know that Unified Mobility (at least in CUCM 6.1(4)) requires an Owner User ID to be associated with the physical IP phone.  But the instructions for Extension Mobility state "Do not configure this field if you are using extension mobility.  Extension mobility does not support device owners."

Has anyone got both Unified Mobility and Extension Mobility working for a single user.  How is the Owner User ID parameter configured?  And what is the Unified Mobility behavior when that user logs into a phone other than their "home" phone?  Is the Device Profile Configuration for the user part of the solution (though there is no Owner User ID parameter on that screen)?

Thanks,

If I understood it right, EM (Extension Mobility) should be treated like a "physical phone" in your scenario. Let's take a look at some use cases of EM:

Case 1:

A directory number (DN) is only associated (configured) on EM profile.  The DN was not configured on any physical phone (e.g. 7940/7960 phones).  You configure "owner ID" on the EM profile like you configure it on a physical phone.

Before EM login, your phone does not exist.  You won't be able to use Unified Mobility(UM) without an IP phone.

After EM login, there's only one IP phone exists.  This IP phone has the owner ID configured on it.  UM works fine.

Case 2:

A directory number (DN) is associated (configured) on EM  profile and a physical phone (let say phone A).  You have to configure Owner ID on phone A, EM Profile, or both.

Before EM login, only phone A would be considered as your IP phone.  Owner ID has to be configured on phone A to get UM worked.

After you logged in EM on phone B, you have two IP phones (A and B) with the Owner ID.  UM works like you have two physical phone with the same Owner ID.

Case 3:

Different DNs were assiged to EM profile and physical phone.  Same Owner ID was associated to those.  It's like you have different physical phones with different DNs.  UM still works.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Ken,

Yes, UM works fine with EM. I've associated end-user with Device Profile and associated his desk-phone as Adjunct device. With this configuration both the feature works fine and only 2 DLUs are consumed. EM user can roam freely and login to any other device as well with both features still working.

Thanks,

inner_silence