cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941G boot problem

mitchellkj
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 7941G phones that won't boot. the speaker turns green as if it is going to boot up, but after about a minute the mute button will start doing quick red flashes every few seconds. nothing comes up on the LCD or any of the other buttons.

thanks for any help you can provide.

KM

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to connect them to a CM, CME or DHCP/TFTP server so they can reload firmware image to flash.

Any more info here? I have the same issue. I don't have a CM or CME on this site, but could easily set up DHCP and TFTP server. What else would I need?

You could connect the phone directly to the PC's nic that have the TFTP software. You should have downloaded the firmware needed for that phone unit.Reboot. That should fix it.

hth

davidlu766
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get it to work? I am actually facing similar problem after doing a factory restore on the 7941G

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Yes, it worked like a dream! I now have 12 phones that I thought were scrap, all working. After downloading the firmware from Cisco, I used TFTPd32 (which has it's own DHCP server), a crossover cable and directly connected each phone to the PC running TFTP. On booting the phones, they flashed and worked. Let me know if you need more info.

Hmmm, it just won't work for me...

What OS are you running? I have vista... and every time I run the program it gave an error saying that some other application is listening to the DHCP port. Also I thought that if windows has a pc has a dhcp server I wouldn't need any crossover cable...??? Any ideas?

Please help...

Hi... I'm using XP. I think the first thing you will need to do is set the IP address of your PC's network card to a fixed IP address - I used 192.168.0.1, subnet 255.255.255.0. On the DHCP server tab of TFTPd32, I used a Pool start address of 192.168.0.2 and set a pool of 50.

I think the thing listening on the DHCP port is your own PC - by setting a fixed address, dhcp is effectively disabled, but TFTPd32 acts as the dhcp server then.

Hi,

But do you still need a crossover cable in order to get it to work?

Thanks.

Either a crossover cable to join phone directly to the PC, or standard cables if you put a hub or switch in the middle. To be honest, I didn't try it with a straight through cable, I just assumed that I should use a crossover, which is normal practice when connecting two 'end nodes'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: