cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify Event Severity in DFM

jhbrubaker
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup alerting for critical events such as a port going down. We are getting those alerts. The trouble is when the port goes back up again we are not notified because it is an "Informational" event. Short of including all informational events, is there a way to change the event to critical or send out an alert for when that event is cleared?

The goal is to monitor ports servers are connected to. I want to see if the server goes down as well as when it comes back up.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, cleared events are informational. DFM 3.2 allows you to change event severity, but you cannot change the internal Cleared type. The only solution is to define event sets for the interesting events, then enable the Information severity.

That appears to be working.

As for the notifications, is there a way to customized the email notifications so they aren't so cryptic?

Thank you!

Not really. DFM 3.2 allows you to customize the fields in the subject, but nothing else. In general, alert emails will be very sparse when it comes to details, but event emails will contain the actual information about why the event was generated. Admittedly, the format of that information may not be very clear at times.

I am sending event alerts and yes, it is difficult to find the reason sometimes especially reading on a PDA. It would be nice to be able to send just the reason for the event and not include everything else. Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: