cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Communications Manager and CME with Remote Analog Users

darylpotts
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that is looking to have 50 users local to the LAN and those same 50 users have an 881 router at their home office with VPN back to main office. They want to use the FXS port for a cordless device and have the same extension as their desk phone at Corp. Is this possible for either solution utilizing hardware VPN and the FXS ports in the 881 series router at a home office? I got different answers whether or not this would exceed the 20 remote site locations but I do not believe so since this is a hardware VPN connection? I already thought of Single Number Reach so that my remote office rings at the same time?

I am looking for the best and easiest solution on this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check CME against BE. The latter has too many limitations and a disproportionate price.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Although the 881 seems not to support FXS ports in SCCP mode, for both call control platform you should be able to configure parallel hunt groups, so to give basically the same functionality, but you would still have separate numbers.

The alternative is to use an ATA in SCCP mode and configure a true shared line.

I have decided to go that route with ATA as even with Business Edition you are restricted/limited to 20 remote locations since the 800 series routers would act as gateways from what I have been told.

Thanks

Check CME against BE. The latter has too many limitations and a disproportionate price.

darylpotts
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: