Views
Helpful
Replies

ME3400G-2CS

enkli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Can I pass to image METROACCESS by simply uploading METROACCESS image to a METROBASE ME3400G ???

I posted this qeustion to Service Provider alos but no reply.

REgards Everybody

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Enkli,

you are requested to purchase the new license to still have a valid contract.

From ME 3400 Q&A

Q. What Cisco IOS Software feature images does the Cisco ME 3400 Series support?

A. The Cisco ME 3400 Series supports three different Cisco IOS Software feature images: METROBASE, METROACCESS, and METROIPACCESS. The METROBASE feature image includes features for converged triple-play services. The METROACCESS includes these, plus features for premium triple-play services or Layer 2 VPN services. The METROIPACCESS image contains all the preceding plus features for Layer 3 VPN services. Upgrade options are also available for future service requirements.

Q. Do I have options to select the software version?

A. The Cisco ME 3400 Series supports the Assemble To Order (ATO) fulfillment process. This enables you to select the version of software you want to be loaded on the switch. In addition, you can select the type of accessories that come with the switch.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you

So the real question is

Metroaccess will work if i simply upload the software or i have to buy a license

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card