FW upgrade for one specfic 7914

Unanswered Question
Jul 7th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi,

Have CUCM 6.0(1), several IP Phone 7971 with several 7914 Expansion Modules.

"Device Defaults" shows there is S00105000300 load info (i.e. 5.0(3) firmware) for 7914.

I want to upgrade firmware to 5.0(4) for my test purpose.

The question is can I change firmware only for specific ones without affecting the majority of 7914 ?

I mean to use "Module X Load Name" field on the Phone Configuration page ?

But if I make upload up-2-date firmware 5.0(4) via "Software Upgrade | Install Upgrades"

onto CUCM it will instantly redefine firmware for all modules, but I need only one !

Please, advice the proper way.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/13/2009 - 05:33
User Badges:

- Go to the "Device defaults" and copy the name of the present load for 14-Button Line Expansion Module, paste it some where for later use.

- Now run the .exe file. This will change the default phone load for 14- button Line Expansion Module. If it asks to reboot the phones, say NO.

- Now copy that new load name from device defaults and again paste it some where for later use.

- Copy the old phone load name and change the 14-Button Line Expansion Module to the older one again in device defaults.

- Now go to the phone configuration page and Put the new loads name in Module X Load Name. Follow this for the phone you want to upgrade and now reboot that phone only.

Actions

This Discussion