cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jobs that won't stop running

rnieuwhof
Level 1
Level 1

I have several jobs in RME that have a status "running" even after numerous CiscoWorks Daemon restarts, server restarts, etc.

Is there any way to get them to be gone? If I try to delete the jobs, CiscoWorks tells me the job is running.

Thanks,

Rob

6 Replies 6

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which versions of LMS and RME? What type(s) of jobs. What's the exact error message?

Two Examples below with Ver #'s....

LMS 1.1.0

RME 4.2.0

Archive Management job

1040 ArchiveMgmt Failed Sync Archive username Mar 24 2009 16:58:10 - Immediate

RMEJOB0004: Could not delete following jobs: 1040

This is because these jobs may be running.

1117 ConfigEditorJob Stop Initiated Config Quick Deploy username Mar 26 2009 13:56:13 - Immediate

RMEJOB0004: Could not delete following jobs: 1117

This is because these jobs may be running.

I'd guess I need to spend the $ on Smartnet for CiscoWorks. Looks like the TAC might hold the answer, unless Joe wants to chime in on this one.

Rob

can you post the output of pdshow?

have you yet tried any steps to delete the jobs from cli? If yes, what have you done?

Rob,

if you make use of the rating system to mark a response with '1' (Not Helpful), you should consider to use the rating system also to mark answers as helpful.

If your problem was solved, it is a good practice to mark it as such so others can easily see that a thread includes a solution.

thank you,

mermel

... an answer can be helpful even if it does not include the solution...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco