cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what does mean by clustering in 2960 switches, SFP?

sivaprakasam81
Level 1
Level 1

1. May I know the difference between LAN base image and Lite image in 2960 series router?

2. May I know how these two switches differ ,

WS-C2960-48TC-S

Catalyst 2960 48 10/100 + 2 T/SFP LAN Lite Image

WS-C2960-48TT-S

Catalyst 2960 48 10/100 + 2 1000BT LAN Lite Image

from the above, what it means T/SFP and 1000BT?

3. How can I do Two-2960-48TC-S into vlan configuration and for remote management?

4. Also, what is mean by clustering in 2960. Yes, know it will not support for Stackable. But what does mean by clustering in 2960 switches, SFP?

Thank you,

Siva

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. LAN Base is superior compared to LAN Lite as it provides Advanced QoS and Network Admission Control (NAC) features.

2. Former gives you Fiber or Copper uplinks with the purchase of the SFP while the latter gives you static Copper uplink ports.

3. You can either cluster for single IP management or manage each switch individually.

As for Vlans, you can use VTP Server/Client model or VTP Transparent. On the VTP Server/Client model, one switch can act as Server and Layer2 Vlans are created there, then propagated onto the VTP Clients. With the VTP Transparent, you need to configure Layer2 Vlans on each switch.

4. See my reply to your other post.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card