Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS: Profile Name-VLAN Mappings

Hi everyone.

I'm running WCS 6.0.132 with WLC 6.0.182 and I'm trying to build a Lightweight AP template to assign NAME-VLAN mapping on different AP running H-REAP.

When I create the new template I setup AP in H-REAP mode and then enable H-REAP/REAP configuration with VLAN support but the box in which I'm supposed to find the mapping list is always blank (even, of course, after use the "Show All Profile Mapping" option).

The controller on which I'm running is already running H-REAP AP with mapping and I've already refreshed the configuration from controller into WCS.

Any idea?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

You may be facing a defect : CSCsv50287.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

Please open a TAC case for further assistance

Modification, you are facing a newer defect than the one i mentionned earlier. Tac should be able to communicate that to you.

The issue should be fixed in the next release of WCS 6.0

There is a workaround until then :

You can use wcs for configuring H-reap group via the configure AP page for a particular AP.

Another workaround would be to use the WLC CLI or the WLC GUI.

Lucien, thanks for your infos.

In the meanwhile I was able to open a TAC case (611897361 if you like to "chat" with your colleague on that) and the support engineer already mentioned the bug.

Anyway either the workarounds are one by one manually solution, right?

Any possible comment on the upcoming version release date?

Luca

Glad you did. I believe the defect is different than the one i mentioned earlier, the TAC engineer will be able to provide you with the defect number once published.

You are correct, it's a one by one solution for such workaround.

Last I heard for the upcoming release should be coming early fall, I would suggest you to double check on your TAC case, the developper team may have a different ETA.

Was this fixed ? We are having similiar issue using code 5.2.193.0 on the controllers and 6.0.132.0 on WCS. No profile appear in window on the template creation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card