Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension with Pre-recorded Message

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I apoligize, this has probably been posed before but I can't seem to find anything on the topic. We have some pre-recorded messages that are part of our Auto Attendant.

Example:

Main auto attendant has an option to press 3 to get directions, this forwards on to a wav file with directions.

I want to be able to have an extension that plays one of the recordings so if a user dials extension 155 for example the pre-recorded message picks up and plays.

I know I could have additional auto attendants, but there are limitations on how many auto attendants we can have, and there is no other prompting that needs to be done, just a simple message needs to play. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Jorge

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jorge,

I have a solution you will like better than using valuable voice mail minutes for this.

In CCA 1.9, we introduced two options for AA which are available for you today as well.   Standard and Multi-Level

Standard offers up to 3 unique AAs, each with their own Ext and PSTN number and each with its own options.

Multi-Level is a single auto Attendant with up to 3 sub menues.

The standard or Main menu (if multi-level) is reached by dialing the AA extension or PSTN number.

It abides by a System Schedule you define, and then offer a 'Business Hours' menu prompt wav file and 'Closed Hours' menu prompt wav file that plays to callers.

You manage the options as you see fit and according to AA Scripts you can select (comes with):

One of the scripts is AA_sbcs_v02.aef.... it has:

Dial 0 through 9 to reach a Hunt Group, Other Number, Voice Mail, Dial by name, A blast group, a BACD, Dial by number, Play Prompt or Call Menu.

Call Menu has Parameter Submenu1, Submenu2, Submenu3

So you can have 3 actions (0-9) each hit a different sub menu.  The submenus are built following the same methodology as above.

I mention this incase you wanted to nest the directions playout in a sub menu.  Otherwise not needed.

Play Prompt plays a prompt loaded on flash that you can record using the built in Sound recorded (uses your PC Mic) or you can define an extenstion, which you dial, that allows you to record a file from the phone (Users that you define having the access to do this).  After they authenticate with CUE, they are offered the prompt to record these prompts.  When saved, they are abailable to CCA in the prompt menu.  They show up as UserPrompt_.wav

I just tried it and it worked.   I pressed 0 to get directions.  I heard my directions recording.

Does this work for you?

Steve DiStefano

Systems Engineer

US Small Business Sales Channel

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the response, but I already have this configured and it does work great. When you call into the main AA you can pick your different options, some of which are the recorded messages.

What I am looking for is the ability to take an extension, lets use 190 as an example. I would like to be able to dial extension 190 and have it ring 1-2 times then pick up with a specific recording, lets use directions as an example.

I know you can do multiple AA's but that is limited to 3. Right now I have all three AA's used for the main lines so this isn't an option. Yes, users can send callers into the main AA and prompt them to push option 2 which will give them directions, however my client would also like to be able to send callers into a specific extension to just get the directions recording.

Hope this clarifies things.:)

Thanks,

Jorge

OK, How about just point to a subscriber built with a voice mail greeting that has recording and CFDA set to 1, and transfer to it?

Can I do that without it kicking into a VM box? Basically so it just plays the greeting w/o allowing the user to leave a message?

This is a definite hack, but another Partner did something similar:

Hi Luis,

Haven´t tried this out, but found a tip on the uc500.com forum;

Just something I found may be useful for someone else.

To disable voicemail caller prompts in cue:

no voicemail conversation caller recording-prompt

when a person is put through to voicemail, all they hear is the user recorded prompt, and not the additional system generated stuff e.g. ‘when you are done hang up’ etc etc.

Try it out and see if it gets you one step closer to solving your issue

Regards

Eivind

Jorge,

I devised a configuration a while back that uses a built in TCL script to fire up a prompt (which can be customized) and then hangs up. I am out of the office, but when I get back I will post a sample config. I think this will give you exactly what you want.

Thanks,

Marcos

That would be great, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: