cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to do a password recovery on a WS-C3512-XL

mmurphey
Level 1
Level 1

Running IOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 11.2(8.5)SA6, MAINTENANCE I.

I followed the TAC procedure for the platform "power on while holding the mode button...release after light on port 1 goes out. When I try to delete or rename the config.text file it comes back with "access denied" or "unknown command". I typed a "?" and type the command as listed (this ain't my first recovery) - same result (see above). The switch is otherwise operating normally (all ports in use). I just cannot manage it remotely (telnet). It won't allow or respond to any commands in the list other than "dir flash:". What can I do to blow it away so that I can load a fresh image and config?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mike,

you have followed the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

up to step7 ?

it is strange what you see generally the problem is to get the console access and to have someone to press the mode button during power up.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

During ROMMON stage, type both "flash_int" and "load_helper" (in no particular order) before you continue with other commands.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card